Medical Transportation Services
For emergency service, call 911
Erway Ambulance Service
- 911 Emergency Response – Call 911
- Non-Emergency ambulance transportation (on a prescheduled basis)
- wheelchair transportation (on a prescheduled basis)
- special event stand-by coverage
- deployment and disaster preparedness
Non-emergency transportation is generally scheduled by a Physician, agency, or nursing facility. Wheelchair transportation is not medical transportation and is not covered by most insurance companies.
Greater Valley EMS
Services in Chemung County include:
- 911 Emergency Response ambulance service to the Town of Chemung, the Village of Van Etten, and the Town of Van Etten - Call 911
- Non-emergency wheelchair and stretcher van services provided in those same areas, as well as for persons that may be discharged from Robert Packer Hospital and returning to a residence or facility in Chemung County
Veterans Angel Flight (VAF)
800 296-1217 (Toll-free)
- For veterans and active duty military personnel or their family members who are financially-needy to access distant specialized medical services, treatment or rehabilitation.
Disabled American Veterans Volunteer Transportation (Chemung)
- Provides transportation for veterans enrolled in a veteran health program to and from scheduled appointments at the Bath VA Health Care Facility.
- Call to schedule at least one week prior. No fee.
- Services provided by volunteer drivers.
- Hours: 2nd Thursday 7 PM.
US Department of Veterans Affairs Transportation (Chemung)
- Provides transportation for patients enrolled in a veteran health program to and from scheduled appointments at VA Health Care Facilities.
- Transportation provided mainly to Buffalo and Syracuse facilities.
- Transportation to additional facilities depends on meeting special eligibility requirements.
- Minimum of one week notice required. No fee.
C TRAN Dial-A-Ride
- Service is available to those who qualify
- All buses are equipped with ramps or lifts
Last updated May 27, 2016