Chemung County Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Chemung County's Spring 2021 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event is scheduled for Saturday, May 22nd. Pre-registration is required by calling Cornell Cooperative Extension of Chemung County, at 607-734-4453, Wednesday, April 28th-Wednesday, May 19th, weekdays only from 9am-noon and 1-4pm. This event is for Chemung County residents only and is FREE to participate.
COVID safety measures will be taken during these events.
Here is information for each collection event:
No latex paints.
- No pets.
- No smoking.
- No empty containers!
- Please place items in the back of your vehicle so the haulers can easily retrieve them.
When registering, please have the following information available:
- Your Name
- Your Phone number
- Your Address
- How you heard about this event:
- TV ad
- newspaper ad or article
- the Internet
- The waste you intend to bring and the approximate amount
- If this is the first time you have participated in this event
You will also be asked to ascertain: "By registering for this event, I confirm that all of the materials I am bringing for disposal were generated by a household and not by a business."
*If you are a business, please call Clean Harbors directly at 603-340-4611*
Do not bring latex paint to household hazardous waste collection event...
- Harden latex paint by exposing it to air or mixing it with kitty litter.
- When it is hardened, place it and its lid (separate) in the trash.
Last updated February 8, 2021