Welcome to the Recycling page...
Stay tuned for Reduce, Reuse and Recycle tips, tricks, facts, updates and find out about the annual household hazardous waste collection event http://chemung.cce.cornell.edu/environment/recycling-waste-management/household-hazardous-waste
How well does your business comply with the law to recycle in Chemung County? We can help! Contact Toni Gardner at
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Chemung County is recycling in a new way!
- Instead of separating plastic, glass, newspapers, etc. into separate bins, homeowners can now mix all appropriate recyclable materials into one bin for collection.
- Take note: Plastic bags should not be included in the recycling bin, save and take back to your local grocery store for recycling.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Chemung County, in cooperation with the
Chemung County Solid Waste Management District, offers educational materials to both residents and businesses on understanding how to recycle.
Electronics Recycling is avaialable at
Recycling Electronics And Computer Technologies, Inc.
www.react-e-cycling.com Safe - Secure - Convenient
- Serves New York State and Pennsylvania;
- One of the largest electronics recyclers in the country is right here in Chemung County;
- REACT E-Cycling Inc. is an environmentally friendly company;
- Located at 225 Colonial Drive, Horseheads, NY 14837 (next to Hilton Garden Inn)
- Drop off hours are:
8:00am - 9:30am
9:45am - Noon
2:30pm - 2:00pm
2:15pm - 3:00pm
- Accepted products include: Keyboards, Mice, Cables, Printers, Fax Machines, Copiers, VCR Players, DVD Players, Digital Converter Box, Video Game Consoles, Laptops, Scanners, Phones, Cell Phones and Audio/Video Equipment, Microwaves, Vacuums, Fans, Electric heaters, Coffee makers (no glass pots), and Blenders (no glass containers, base only).
- Businesses: call 607 739 8401 to inquire about Certified Data Destruction
Residents of Chemung County
Residents can also take electronics to the drop-off station on Lake Road
- Please call 737 2980 for details
Residents may also call Best Buy at 739 9471 to inquire about their electronic recycling program
Please call before taking your electronics as they may or may not have a fee for items and fees may vary.
Last updated May 12, 2017