- Online course includes readings, pre-recorded “how-to” videos and 5 live webinars
- Webinars take place from 1:00 -2:30pm every Friday from Jan 22 to Feb 19
- Webinar recordings will be available for students who cannot attend the live sessions
- Course fee is $190 and includes 12-month access to all online course materials
- Farm Service Agency has approved this course for FSA borrower education
- Questions? Contact Mary Kate MacKenzie by email at email@example.com
Register here: https://south-central-ny-dairy-field-crops.teachable.com/p/quickbooks-for-farmers
By combining the theory and practice of farm business accounting into a single class, this training will empower students to set up and maintain a record-keeping system that is accurate, efficient, and useful. This year we are teaching the course in an online format, providing self-paced learning from the comfort of your home.
The course covers basic farm accounting principles, which students will apply to create and manage a financial record-keeping system for their farm. We use QuickBooks Online to conduct this training, so students will gain in-depth technical experience with that software platform. However, the skills we teach are highly transferable to other versions of QuickBooks and other accounting systems.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Choose the right accounting system for their farm
- Set up QuickBooks Online with a customized chart of accounts
- Manually record and classify farm business transactions
- Synchronize QuickBooks Online with farm bank accounts and credit cards to automatically import transactions
- Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy
- Generate and analyze financial reports to evaluate business performance
This training is appropriate for beginner and intermediate QuickBooks users who are looking to implement a new record-keeping system or enhance the efficiency and functionality of their current system. It is also a great fit for QuickBooks Desktop users who are curious about QuickBooks Online.