Using EBT & Coupons
Farmers' Market Nutrition Program (FMNP)
- Coupons can be used for produce only.
- Coupons are distributed in early June and July.
- They can be used from July until the end of November.
- Coupons come in booklets of 5, each coupon is worth $4.
- Coupons must be used in $4 increments. You cannot receive change.
- Look for vendors with the FMNP sign or ask vendors if they accept FMNP.
Using EBT (Food Stamps/SNAP) at Farmers' Markets
- At markets that accept EBT, you will need to visit the Market Manager Booth to swipe your EBT card.
- The Market Manager will give you tokens in the amount of money that you swiped.
- Tokens can be redeemed at participating vendors. Vendors should have signs that say whether they accept the tokens. If you don't see a sign, ask.
- You cannot receive change for your tokens, so ask farmers to round the amount of product you are buying to equal whole dollar amounts.
- Only approved products can be purchased with EBT (See below)
What can I buy with Food Stamps?
You can buy any food including: fresh vegetables, fruit, meats, honey, cheese, maple syrup, dairy, eggs, baked goods, jams, jellies, mushrooms, juice, culinary herbs and other pickled and processed foods. You can also buy seeds and plants used to grow foods.
What is not allowed?
Prepared foods, crafts, ornamental plants
Last updated December 16, 2016