Chemung County Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Please check back in the New Year for 2024 event dates.
This event is for Chemung County residents only (no businesses) and is FREE to participate.
Here is information for each collection event:
- Leave pets at home
- No smoking.
- No empty containers!
- Please place items in the back of your vehicle so the haulers can easily retrieve them.
When registering, please have the following information available:
Waiver: You will be asked to ascertain: "By registering for this event, I confirm that all of the materials I am bringing for disposal were generated by a household and not by a business."
*If you are a business, please call Clean Harbors directly at 315-741-3272*
- Your Name
- Your Phone number
- Your Address
- How you heard about this event:
- TV ad
- newspaper ad or article
- the Internet
- The waste you intend to bring and the approximate amount
- If this is the first time you have participated in this event
We ask that you write your name on a sheet of paper and post it to, or hold it up to, your vehicle window as you drive through. This is how we will check you in on the event day.
- Call Sherwin-Williams at 607-733-6633. They will accept up to 5 gallons of oil based paint, latex paint, stains and varnishes per visit
- Harden latex paint by exposing it to air or mixing it with kitty litter. When it is hardened, place it and its lid (separate) in the trash. Only one can per bag of trash please.
Last updated October 20, 2023