Chemung County Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Chemung County's FALL 2022 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event is scheduled for Saturday, October 15th.
Pre-registration is required by calling Cornell Cooperative Extension of Chemung County at 607-734-4453, Wednesday, September 14th-Wednesday, October 12th, weekdays only, 9am-noon and 1-4pm, with the exception of Columbus Day, as we will be closed.
Registration will end on Wednesday, October 12th at 4pm.
This event is for Chemung County residents only and is FREE to participate.
COVID safety measures will be taken during these events. We ask that you write your name on a sheet of paper and post it to, or hold it up to, your window as you drive through. This is how we will check you in while safely distancing.
Here is information for each collection event:
No latex paints.
- No pets.
- No smoking.
- No empty containers!
- Please place items in the back of your vehicle so the haulers can easily retrieve them.
When registering, please have the following information available:
- Your Name
- Your Phone number
- Your Address
- How you heard about this event:
- TV ad
- newspaper ad or article
- the Internet
- The waste you intend to bring and the approximate amount
- If this is the first time you have participated in this event
You will also be asked to ascertain: "By registering for this event, I confirm that all of the materials I am bringing for disposal were generated by a household and not by a business."
*If you are a business, please call Clean Harbors directly at 315-741-3272*
- Call Sherwin-Williams at 607-733-6633. They will accept up to 5 gallons of oil based paint, latex paint, stains and varnishes per visit
- Harden latex paint by exposing it to air or mixing it with kitty litter. When it is hardened, place it and its lid (separate) in the trash.
Last updated June 8, 2022